Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I'm baaaaack!

Hmmm, where do I start?!?

Terry's mom : Surgery went great, the cancer has not spread to her lymph nodes and she'll find out early January if she has to have chemo. All great news considering the circumstances! Thanks for all your prayers!

One Christmas down, one to go. We opened our family presents the Eve of Christmas Eve. I got home from work one day with a few boxes marked on the outside with instructions (see photo). Terry did a great job taking hints this year and picking out gifts...my favorite was probably a silver ring, I love it. As for Damon, you could see Damon calculate in his head all the presents that were on his list that he hadn't gotten yet. He wasn't complaining, but I could see it in his face...there were some others that he REALLY wanted. I reminded him later that he still had 3 more Christmases to go to! His favorite presents from us were his Iowa sweatshirt and a bluetooth headset for his PS3. We were with Terry's mom's side of the family Christmas Eve and had a blast at his cousin's house. Great food, cold beer, lots of fun. Terry got the "iMAgiNiff" game that night and everyone had a great time playing it. It's pretty hilarious. Terry's sister's son, Kaden, is obsessed with super heros. He got a Batman costume on Christmas Eve and didn't take it off...he still had it on the next day! How cute to be that excited about a Christmas present and not care what anyone thinks about how you look!






Christmas Day was at Terry's mom's...yep, she just got home and had a house full, but I don't think she would have it any other way.

We missed Christmas Saturday with Terry's dad....the weather was horrible Saturday morning and it probably worked out fine because I felt horrible too.

No comments: