Monday, February 23, 2009

Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches

My parents came for a visit on Sunday, they were at our house when Damon and I got home from church. We went for lunch and then bowling. My dad looked a little stiff, but got in to the swing of it again during our second game. I was in the same boat....I started off the first round with 4 gutter balls. How embarrassing that the 10 year old girl next to us was kicking my butt. I am just going to think that her parents drag her to the bowling alley while they drink too much during their adult league at the other end of the bowling alley....yep, I'm not afraid to admit that makes me feel better about my skills.

As a bonus to my parents visit, mom brought homemade ice cream sandwiches. If you don't know, or if I've never shared my mom's cookies with you....she makes the best damn cookies ever. They are so soft and delicious that Pepperidge Farm or <> should be scared if my mom would decide to ever go commercial with her mad baking skills....she would easily put them out of business. Anywho, she used to always make them for our biggest MCSC* swim meet in the summer in mass quantities! My basic diet at a swim meet were ice cream sandwiches and Hardee's frozen orange juice! Delicious and always brings back such great memories. 

I would love to share the ice cream sandwiches (made with soft, yummy chocolate chip cookies), well...maybe I wouldn't actually share, but I would love to share a photo..........but, my family inhaled them so fast there isn't even a crumb that remains. Better luck next time.

(* MCSC is short for Mason City Swim Club)

No comments: