Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Happy Birthday To My Dad And More Baseball

Well, not to copy Holly...but she's right. Dads do get a raw deal when it comes to holidays, birthdays, etc. So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD! My other problem...what do you buy the parents that have everything they want and what they don't have, well, I can't afford. My dad's wants : new golf clubs, a trip to Australia and to see his grandson. Really that's about all he asks for...a truck used to be on his list, but now that he has "Grace & Peace" he seems to be satisfied (for those of you that don't know, that's what we call Dad's truck thanks to a sermon by Pastor Mike).  Dad could have his last wish, to see Damon, if he didn't still have school and we didn't have baseball game after baseball game! The baseball photos I sent him in the mail will have to do for now.

We had another game tonight, one tomorrow night but the weekend is off! I do actually love going to watch Damon play....I won't get to do it much longer (he's growing up too fast!) and he seems to be happy that we're there watching. It's a priority for both Terry and I....even with countless games this summer, I don't plan on missing one.

Damon turns 13 in 24 days......Wasn't I just eating Cheetos at the info desk?!?! Wow, time really has gone fast and some days I can't believe we've made it (a little touch and go there at times). I'm sure there are things I could do better (clearly with the attitude I'm getting these days), but overall it's been amazing. I can only pray that God gives my son a life full of happiness and health; that he is filled with drive and determination and that he learns from every experience. I think I'm having a harder time with him turning 13 than I did when I turned 30.

On a side note, please say a little prayer for my friend's, Heather and Holly, grandpas. They are both battling cancer and well, I didn't get to know either of my grandfathers and I so very much enjoy hearing the stories they tell about theirs. I think about it often.

1 comment:

Our Family said...

Love ya'....you're such a great friend....